On the 26th, too stiff for more yoga, I headed back to Benoa harbor and the buzz and grime of ship maintenance. Amidst trying to help where I can - cooking, cleaning etc. - I have been reconnecting with ship folks, and taking the time to talk about living in Southeast Asia, hearing about the community and getting good support and feedback about what I doing and learning in Timor Leste.
This has been a tumultuous year for them, and their stories of rebuilding and adjusting since leaving the RV Heraclitus feel particularly present, or at times poignant, because this has also been a year of transitions for me.
Tomorrow morning we will be sailing out of Benoa and heading north-east towards Candidasa where a friend-of-the-ship, Emerald, lives. There the sea will be clean, and we will be far enough off shore to escape the mosquitoes. I am very excited to be on (and in) the water.
28 December 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment